CityGirl Guide to: Everyday Confidence
I am posting this CityGirl Guide to: Everyday Confidence as my first blog. My purpose , after all, is to encourage you to feel more confident about yourself, so that you can go out and create the life you really want.
I sense that confidence is a void in many areas of people’s lives right now. There are those of us who will not speak up for ourselves for fear of rejection, and others who cannot have a decent relationship with food and their body for fear of how they appear in comparison to others. Such confidence chaos , comes in many different forms, and I have experienced my own fair share, believe me! (See Bio section for info).
Having now empowered the “not so confident” parts of my own life, and as I continually create what it is I want in life , I think the best way to teach you how to do the same is to start gently with some CityGirl Guides , which will empower you and inspire you to confidently live the life you so deserve.
Why bother working on and developing your confidence?
Without confidence in yourself, your body, in what it is you have to offer others and in your potential, you will remain stuck in boredom, lethargy and routine. Fine, if you prefer that way of life, but chances are, you are currently daydreaming about what you would rather be doing, who you would rather be and what you would rather have in your life, in comparison to the reality you are in now.
What really prevents you from fulfilling these desires, and admitting your true potential, is simply a lack of confidence and self-worth in who you are and what you have to offer.
Perhaps life, parents, teachers, or other authority figures , as well as your own perception have altered your confidence along the way, for the worse. So, let’s start to rebuild the foundations of that confidence you once had when you arrived into this world.
CityGirl Guide to: Everyday Confidence
- Stop criticizing yourself , especially your body and your ability; this depletes confidence rapidly. “I love myself and I am good enough” are the only two statements you will ever need to say to yourself. Affirming these privately everyday will plant the seeds of all future success.
- If you don’t feel confident in an area of your life you are most likely comparing yourself to someone else, think of who it is and follow step 3? (PS, ditch the magazines with the ultra-thin and outrageously pretty models please ; they are not authentic let alone confident!)
- Shrinking or “bigging yourself up” in comparison to others causes all sorts of confidence chaos. Did you know that you can only ever attract your mirror image? (like always attracts like ) So you need to ask yourself , where do you have what you see in them? And where are they not so “confident” , “amazing”, “awful” or “great”? (Everyone has both sides remember) E.g., the boss at work is usually the underdog at home.
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself, aloud” Coco Chanel. Every time you seek approval and guidance on the outside you give away your power and diminish your ability to make decisions for you. Instead of saying “I don’t know” , evoke Chanel at all times and practice thinking and finding the answers for yourself , this encourages confident leadership.
- Dress stylishly and comfortably at all times. “Good clothes give us greater confidence and courage” . This was stated by a true Master in Personal Success and Confidence , Napoleon Hill, (Bestselling Author of Think and Grow Rich ). How you dress, leads to your ultimate success in my view. You cannot be confident when wearing clothes or colours you feel uneasy in. People meet you firstly through the perception of sight, not only are they judging you by what you are wearing but YOU judge yourself by what you are wearing too! It is vital that you choose styles you feel confident in.
This finishing point is the one that will have the fastest impact on your confidence, if you begin to employ it daily. This is great news if, like me, you want confidence now and you don’t mind shopping for it!
So with this in mind, (alongside the permission of Napoleon Hill of course), I think we can safely begin to re-think our wardrobes, invest in our confidence and be sure to practice this CityGirl Guide to Everyday Confidence, everyday!
Check out my “Recommends” section , (updating soon) for more hints and tips on fast-tracking your confidence.
Blog issue 2 available 14th Feb.