CityGirl Guide……Lessons Learnt From A Harmony Addict
“If you’re not being crucified, you’re probably not making a difference”
Do you hate the thought of reprimand and/or challenge in your life?
I’ll admit I still prefer harmony over challenge any day but the truth is we live in a world of duality where both sides will always prevail.
That means harmony alongside dis-harmony , support and challenge, good with bad, all are ever present.
Many women, (self included) can have an unrealistic expectation on life to provide them with one side of the story . The nice, harmonious , supporting side, but, according to The Law Of Polarity this simply isn’t possible.
In fact the more we resist something the more it persists…… Now we know why diets don’t work!
I used to hate challenge myself, I was a real Harmony Addict , tip- toeing around people and trying to make everything alright , so as not to upset the balance too much.
- It’s exhausting
- It makes your body ill in the long-term
- It’s futile to your relationships
- It creates more dis-harmony and challenge than anything else!
It wasn’t until I heard the opening quotation above that I actually began embracing challenge and dis-harmony more easily.
Suddenly challenge and the challengers became OK, even a form of potential evidence that I was on the right path in life!
There is no easy formula I can teach you to get comfy with challenge and dis-harmony in your own life right now, but you could learn to be more comfortable with it all by :
- Realising it’s a great way to help you grow to your full potential.
- Enjoying the drama of it all , (I notice that Italian women get a lot out of life’s challenges,the drama it creates!) harmony after all gets so boring after a while.
- Seeing it as a necessary part of your own mission and purpose .
- Using it as evidence that you are making a difference and awakening the leader within you.
On this Good Friday I’m remembering how Jesus seemed to embrace the dis-harmony and the challenge he faced in his daily life. As his supporters grew so did his challengers.
Instead of fighting his crucifiers, he endured the pain for doing what he loved most, essentially what he was sent to do, knowing that the legacy of his mission would continue to impact and empower people for generations to come…………He was right.
Are You A Harmony Addict?
1 .You don’t say No because it’s easier to agree than rock the boat!
2 .You tip toe around people and constantly agree with them.
3. You sometimes feel resentful of the people in your life because of the tiresome “good girl” act you have to keep up in front of them.
4. You depend on outside authorities (Angels, God, Spirit Realms) to make things nice and to keep challenge away.
5. You avoid conflict at all costs or you create it and then try to fix it straight away!
6. You are experiencing large quantities of dis-harmony, challenge and confrontation in your life right now in the form of one or many people/situations.
If you answered yes to 3 or more of these it’s time to gain perspective and develop more leadership in your own life!
Feel free to get in touch for a consult sometime, I’d love to empower you fully so that you can experience the Wellness, Leadership and the Life you so deserve!
How do you deal with challenge and dis-harmony in your own life? Is it feared or embraced?
Recommended Reading Resource: The Dark Side Of The Light Chasers http://amzn.com/1573227358