CityGirl Guide ……8 Brilliant Books To Ease Your Stressful City Life
“Don’t ask to understand the secrets of the Universe, instead ask for the insight to recognize what you are meant to learn.”
I made a mistake and thought that today was World Book Day, as it turns out it’s not, it’s World Health Day!
As books paved the way to my own greatest health and inspiration in life and kept me company during some of my early and often lonesome CityGirl days, I am going to combine the two themes here, books/health, in the hope that you too can experience your greatest well-being, through the simplest and cheapest resource in the world, fabulous books!
I was never a good reader at school, in fact as a child I was criticized by Teachers for being two and sometimes three reading books behind the other pupils.
At least I dressed cute.
This came as a bit of a shock to my parents who were both so well read.
Inspiration is an inside job
I was actually 19 when I really started reading books cover to cover and I haven’t put them down since.
The first book I read fully was You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay.
Unlike at school and college I didn’t need any external motivation to read this book , I was totally inspired to complete it because:
a) I had a big enough reason to at the time, I literally wanted to heal my life.
b) Something very foreign but exciting was awakening within me…… inspiration.
Now, what I realize is that unless you are truly inspired (spirited from within) to do things, you won’t ever find much motivation to do them!(So no you are not lazy, un-disciplined and “slow” you are simply not doing the things you love.)
I’ve been reading books based on what inspires me ever since, turns out I wasn’t a “slow reader” after all, those books at school just weren’t my cup of tea.
CityGirl Manuals For Life
As many of you know I recently detoxed my life after years of City living and a great accumulation of stuff, in doing so I had to let go of a lot of my things, books were actually the hardest items for me to say goodbye to.
So, below is a list of some of the few books I was allowed to take with me, I chose these even over the possibility of handbags, shoes, home ware and more!
These little manuals are perfect for any CityGirl who simply doesn’t have a lot of time to invest in reading but wants to make some simple changes that will ease her manic City Life.
1.Eat Right For Your Body Type: For the Body Conscious CityGirl.A brilliant resource for your body based on the ancient Ayurveda healing system, this little gem full of easy meals simple to cook after a hard day at the office.
2. 10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace: For the Stressed Out CityGirl . Read it on your commute to and from work, I promise you will feel better and you’re work life will improve!
3. How to Make One Hell of A Profit and Still Get To Heaven: For the Spiritually Conscious but poverty stricken CityGirl .A great read to assist your financial well-being, enabling the guilty CityGirl to actually start making money doing what she loves!!
4. The Miracle of Mindfulness: For the Impatient CityGirl. This book will enable you to actually start enjoying your time spent queuing for your morning latte!
5. Heal Your body: For the Burnt-Out CityGirl. A really quick and simple guide to understand the mind body connection and what is causing your illness! Plus affirmations, to implement for immediate healing.
6. Aromatherapy For Women: For the “Alternative” CityGirl . A great tool for clearing up any female health issues and saves you time and energy which would otherwise be spent on getting on the waiting list to see your own doctor!
7. Three Cups of Tea: For the Business Savvy CityGirl. A purely inspirational read about one man’s journey to promote peace one school at a time. Also evidence that when you do what you love and have a vision bigger than yourself , everything you need is provided for effortlessly!
8. Healing Cards A Daily Practice for Maintaining Spiritual Balance. For the Over-Whelmed CityGirl because sometimes you can’t hear your inner self and you need a card to reconnect with who you really are!
What are your favourite books? Have you read any of the above? Feel free to comment .