CityGirl Guide……7 Simple Strategies To Detox Your Life
“The Way is Empty, yet when you use it you never need fill it again” Tao Te Ching
What if you could save yourself ample time, energy and money by implementing some small and simple changes in your daily life?
How would it feel to release the guilt, the exhausting brain noise and the stress you experience on a daily basis as you try to juggle a million things at once?
Well, by implementing a few tried and tested CityGirl Strategies, I can tell you it feels simply divine not to mention detox-icating!
I only wish I had practiced these techniques whilst I was living a constantly chaotic City lifestyle, striving to be more, have more and do more.
Through all my busyness, , commitments and keeping up with the CityGirl Jones’, it’s true to say my life became one big MESS!
- My home was in constant dis-order despite a cleaner coming in.
- My blackberry never stopped.
- My diet contained processed fast foods I could eat on the go.
- I worked a full time job as a teacher 9am-3.30pm, ran events in the City at nightand I began building my own business at the same time. 16-18 hour days became my norm.
To say my energy was crap is an understatement; there was a lot of clutter mentally, physically and environmentally, not to mention guilt for not being available for those I loved most.
Then one day…I left it all behind.
Now, I am not suggesting you leave it all behind as a form of detox, come to Italy and drink espresso with me (I do recommend it though) but since I let it all go, I have quite literally Detoxed My Life!
The single greatest gift I experience since detoxing my life, is the simplified version of myself, the me without all the “stuff”, the sense of lightness and wellbeing I have since giving away a lot of what I had accumulated during “my big City life”
I really had no choice you see as we were driving to Italy.
I knew that my little 4×4 also had to hold all of my Boyfriend’s stuff (after his 15 years in the City) and my gorgeous but seriously big Akita.
No room for the Prada shoe boxes then hey!
I would not have actively chosen to Detox my life like this, mainly because I loved all my stuff and clothes and books and shoes, I am a true CityGirl at heart remember, so beautiful things and style are always going to be part of my life.
But looking back now I can’t believe how caught up I was in that rushed, cluttered and chaotic whirlwind that was once my normal life, I was just surviving really!
Below is what I wished I had put in place during those crazy days in the City!
7 Simple Strategies To Detox Your Life
1 .Consider what items you would really want to save in the event of an earthquake or a fire? These ladies are your nearest and dearest posessions. Keep themand regularly detox the rest!
2 Curb your commitments. Think about whom you are committing to and why. It’s easy to become addicted to “doing” and being seen “to be out there”.Perhaps you are even caught in the un-conscious competitive City mode of striving to be more?Practice saying NO and committing more to you for a change.
3 .Tidy As You Go. Maybe you all do this? I never did, I created a storm in my home then walked out and dreaded returning to the chaos. Now I tidy as I go, it’s so much simpler.
4 .Burn your Brain Noise. That means mentally detoxing all the thoughts in your head that are taking up ample mental energy e.g resentments, anger, fear. Write it all out onto paper and burn it, simply let it go and your healing process begins! (The Full Moon coming up is the most effective time for this).
5. Start Simply: My morning routine used to be manic, constantly late and lattes on the go. Try waking earlier, drinking your coffee without distractions, and then mindfully getting on your way to work. You’re whole day will be easier with this step, plus you will begin to eat more slowly throughout the day, natural detox!
6. Delegate the crap: I wish I had had more balls to do what I loved best and simply delegate the rest. Instead I felt guilty asking for help! If you want to fully detox your life, you’re going to have to delegate the stuff you hate doing to others who would love to do it! Paying them helps.
7. Tailor your time. Your time is worth a lot of money and most importantly energy! Irushed everyday of my CityGirl life, what a way to create chaos!Luckily here, Italians don’t seem to do time. So slow down and enjoy every task, meeting and moment you have in front of you.
I’m not saying my life is detoxed completely and now perfect.
The difference is that I can see what caused the biggest stress for me, and now with this new awareness I am living life differently and experiencing the wealth of well- being and opportunity that comes with detoxing your life, one step at a time.
What are your thoughts on detoxing your busy , cluttered life ?
Could you commit to getting rid of a lot of your things or even better changing your lifestyle completely?
Get in touch and don’t forget to check out the ever evolving CityGirl Detox on my website for those of you interested in a taste of luxury, health and learning in Italy.
Recommended reading resource http://zenhabits.net/
The Body Bliss Booklet- A Guide to Greater Health and Wealth for the busy professional. Email me directly for your copy now :firstname.lastname@example.org