CityGirl Guide …….How to Eat Like An Italian And Lose Weight!
“Pleasure has proved to be the most powerful and lasting motivation, and if we can harness it, we can stay slim or lose weight and never feel deprived” M.Guilliano Author of French Women Don’t Get Fat.
Aperitivo has fast become one of my favorite rituals in Italian life, with the concept introduced first by the Ancient Egyptians, who have much to teach us about the relationship between pleasure and excellent health.
So what is an Aperitivo ?
Traditionally it’s a small alcoholic drink, (the word aperitif originates from the Latin word ‘apertitiuvum’ meaning opener) , taken to stimulate or “open” the appetite before dinner.
Usually your little drink, whether a glass of wine, champagne or a non-alcoholic San-Bitter is accompanied by a few nibbles like olives, salted almonds or cheeses.
Here in the South of Italy though things are always enjoyed on a much grander scale (Grazie Dio!) with aperitivo extending into antipasto , which I tend to celebrate as a meal all on its own .
Last night was one such celebration as you can tell by the photos here!
I joined a group of lovely Italian CityGirls to experience fun, love , laughter and ample pleasure over a very grand and exciting aperitivo.
If you’re wondering how on earth such a tempting range of delights you see here could possibly enable you to lose weight , read on, for I have discovered that the art of aperitivo, when practiced CityGirl style, is great for body, mind and soul!
How Practising the Art of Aperitivo Could Help You Lose Weight……
1. An aperitivo is small by nature and always shared therefore indulging in too much food is vitrually impossible.
2. A glass of wine, vermouth or processco alongside or before your food not only aids digestion but is much better for your waist than a fizzy drink such as Coke which contains ample sugar (here comes the belly fat!) and chemicals.
3. Aperitivo , if practiced CityGirl style, i.e substituted as your main meal in the evening, is filled with variety and a mix of satisfying proteins, fats and seasonal vegetables or salads. Such sensory satisfaction means you end up eating less because you’re filled up much more quickly!
4. Such a ritual is usually enjoyed early in the evening meaning you have plenty of time to digest it all before heading to bed. (Providing you don’t get indulgent and opt to share a pizza as well like we did last night!)
5. It’s a pleasure-filled experience and anything that arouses pleasure satsifys your soul! Instantly generating greater vitality and telling those fat cells to take a hike!
Life is about Celebration not Deprivation! Why not incorporate the art of aperitivo in your busy City life today?
Get in touch if you’d love an exclusive copy of my Top 1o Tips To Body Bliss- A guide to greater Health and Wealth for the Busy Professional.