CityGirl Guide: 5 Ways To Ignite Your Inner Parisienne For A More Creative Career
“Paris is always a good idea” Audrey Hepburn.
I have to agree with Audrey, I don’t know any other city in the world that “lights” me up the way Paris does.
London ignites my power and prosperity, Rome my passion & potential/purpose but Paris remains my creative hub , where I’m able to rebirth parts of myself that all too often get stifled and suppressed due to the demands of everyday life.
I first encountered Paris at the age of 16 when my mother treated me to a wonderful 5-day trip after I received my GCSE results.
Little did she know that a whole day out of the 5 would be devoted to shopping in Galleries Lafayette! Back then I had the stamina of an Olympian for style searching, my how things have changed!
What I experienced in Paris, possibly for the first time in my young life, was an explosion of sensory pleasure.
Every sense was catered for :
- Nourished taste buds thanks to the amazing quality and richness of cuisine.
- Visual sensory overload with the spectacular art works from La Notre Dame Cathedral to Montmartre & La Seine.
- That unforgettable feeling of inspiration upon viewing the phenomenal sense of style evident in every Parisian CityGirl!
Embracing my inner Parisienne
So inspired by Paris was I that, there and then , embracing my own inner Parisian, I decided that despite not having the grades to study in the A-Level French class , I was getting in……. no matter what!
I needed to remain connected to this chic, creative and stylish hub!
On returning from the City, I evoked my miss Parisienne , complete with a newly bought “Tres Chic” Trench Coat and with great determination convinced the French Teacher to let me into her A-Level class.
Against all odds and the necessary result requirements, as outlined by the government, she agreed!
I am certain that this manifestation and result wouldn’t have been possible without my having first been exposed to the high vibrational creative possibility & opportunity Paris so naturally evokes.
Your Health and Wealth depend upon you embracing a creative career .
I later felt called back to Paris during my University years.
So I set off one summer on my own, rented an apartment nearby the Moulin Rouge and was adamant I could find a job with my now more fluent language skills.
The job never came but what did come would later remind me of the importance to both my Health and my Wealth of embracing a more creative career.
I spent most of that summer in Montmartre and without a job I found myself doing what I loved most, enjoying the café culture & Parisian watching the chic and stylish CityGirls go by.
I was mesmerized by Montmartre’s hustle and bustle and inspired to view so many people in such a small area making money doing something fun.
As a forever-serious Capricorn , more at ease with workaholism than funaholism, here I was surrounded by ample “artistes”, inspiring me to realize that there’s always another way to earn, it’s called doing something you’re creatively inspired by.
Years later Paris remains my creative centre & now a fellow co-worker.
This year I’m inviting some of my most creatively stagnant clients to join me in the creative and pleasure filled vibration of Paris as they get ready for transformation in their own careers.
Your inner Parisienne is the part of you urging you to step out of the boredom and into the bliss!
It’s my inner Parisienne who begs me to write, it’s her who gently encourages me to embrace the pleasure without the guilt and it was she who enabled me to find inspiration in my dying day job and to eventually leave it behind for a more creative & chic career.
So, yes, Audrey’s right again, Paris is always a good idea!
Below are some of my tips to assist you in igniting your own inner Parisienne for more creativity in your current career.
CityGirl Guide: 5 ways to Ignite your inner Parisienne for A More Creative Career.
1) Take your lunch break, make it at least one hour and make sure it involves something you actually like to eat , not something you have to eat!
Engaging in things you like inspires your senses, which maybe unlike your current career , can actually satisfy your soul the key to igniting your soul’s purpose!
2) Surround yourself with those already evoking their inner Parisian too. Namely people who already engage in chic, inspiring or creative careers. Who you surround yourself with is who you ultimately become, take inventory of who you’re spending most of your time with and seek to ensure they support your potential!
3) Refrain from sharing your desire for more creativity, freedom and fun in your career with fellow co-workers. They may try to stifle your inner Parisian by telling you it’s not possible, well maybe it’s not, for them!
4) Say yes more than no, especially to anything that involves pleasure. Your inner Parisienne thrives on pleasure, go get some and watch your ideas, imagination and creative outlets evolve.
5) Step out of your self-created career cocoon by visualizing and researching what you truly desire and committing to make it happen in at least the next 6months to a year. If I could do it so can you!.
Coming Soon: Ignite Your CityGirl Style Type For Transformation in Your Body, Business or Current Career!
Feel free to comment and get in touch with me below.