CityGirl Guide: 10 Steps To A Rich, Happy & Hot Career
“The brave may not live forever but it’s the cautious who do not live at all”. Richard Brandson
I’m proud to say that I’m in the brave category today sitting here amongst the floods and aftermath of hurricane Sandy!
Yes the water is everywhere and the power is out but it’s still great to have come to the USA to connect to my New York CityGirls once and for all.
I was in town to attend Marketing and Lifestyle Strategist, Marie Forleos’s, Rich, Happy & Hot event, at Donna Karan’s Urban Zen Centre ,it was a mix of stylish and entrepreneurial fun, right up my CityGirl street!
Meeting Donna Karan and Gabrielle Bernstein was a highlight!
We started on Friday with a Committed Impulse session led and founded by Marie’s partner, Josh Pais.
I was particularly interested in this session because :
a) As a Kundalini Yogi I’ve noticed how movement positively impacts my writing and business.
b) Major Hollywood stars are “prescribed” Josh’s work as an holistic means to overcome anxiety attacks, fears and low self-esteem.
(Easy to forget sometimes that even people at the top of their career game suffer the anxieties that you and I do!)
Being quite attached to my London CityGirl archetype, I couldn’t quite let go and get as flowing and noisy as my fellow New Yorkers when it came to the moves.
I soon overcame my fears though when most of the women there admitted that, like me, they suffer some form of anxiety, panic or blockage at times.
It seems many of us are still in the “I’m not good enough, yet” category and this is not only blocking us creatively but has a major effect on the body.
According to Josh, these bodily sensations from anxiety “attacks” to nausea are just mind games but can stop you from moving forward and truly becoming Rich, Happy and Hot in your own career.
His solution is simple yet revolutionary: Stop trying to suppress the feeling, whether it’s a panic, attack, rapid heart beats, breathlessness or nausea, just allow it to happen.
Apparently , it’ll last 7-12 seconds max but you’ve got to simply breathe through it!
This was a revelation to me because I’ve spent the last 3 years trying to suppress this caged “pigeon” like fluttering in my chest when I have put myself on the line or I experience some form of stress.
Committed impulse advocates that feelings are neither “good” nor “bad” they’re simply vibrations, the full spectrum of being alive, so let’s allow them all in instead of trying to get rid of them.
So, for now I am going to bask in my own Rich, Happy & Hot life, embracing the full spectrum of feelings that come from being alive and pursuing a career I finally love.
I leave you some of my own tips and some from the speakers at the RHH event to help you experience the Rich, Happy and Hot life and career you deserve too.
CityGirl Guide: 10 Steps To Your Rich, Happy & Hot Career
1)Get out of your dead end day job; the Universe will reward your risk and your renewed happiness.
2) Move often during the day, put on your favourite music for 5 mins at a time and move your ass, American style works best!
3) Allow yourself to feel the fear or anxiety and go do it anyway, the only way to overcome mind games is to take the action you most fear.
4) Recognize your current richness, if it’s not financially then where are you totally loaded?
5) A happy career is one that is challenging you not one that renders you on a constant dopamine high where you’re always supported. Choose some level of challenge to prevent burnout.
6) Don’t let someone else’s lack of preparation become your emergency!
7) Base your choices on Wellness Warrior, Kris Carr’s, easy decision making motto: Will this tire me or inspire me?
8) Create a schedule and don’t allow interruptions to get in the way, you can always make another dollar but you’ll never make more time.
9) Find your fascination archetype and understand why others are so attracted or influenced by you and what added value you really bring to the table that sets you apart in a competitive career world .http://www.howtofascinate.com/
10) Do what you love, do whatever it takes to get there, you’re not here to suffer some crap job counting your pennies, you’re here to thrive!