CityGirl Guide…..Lessons Learnt From A Seminar Junkie
True Wisdom and Insight is Always Free
I’ve spent 10 years attending seminars , sometimes in search of greater self-esteem and mainly in search of answers about myself and what I specifically am here to do.
I’ve loved every minute of it because I just love learning and what I love even more is teaching others what I have learned.
That’s why I spent 7 Years in the classroom teaching a Language that Children could readily understand, The Language of the Soul!
On the downside though I spent a lot of money on seminars and I became a bit of a junkie in search of the next high, constantly perceiving that other people knew more about me than I did.
So to save you some money, time and energy on searching for as long as I did (and I still search because I love to learn, there’s always more to learn ) I thought I would round up what I have discovered so far after 1o years of Seminars and 7 Years of in the Classroom.
1. Knowing information will not make you an expert, experience is what gives you true expertise, no-one can really teach you anything therefore.
2. No one is teaching anything new, we are all building on top of our own Mentors, Teachers and the Ancient Greats.
3. The more you pay for your seminar/Teacher, the more you will value and integrate what you learn. (Providing you are paying for it not your Man!)
4. The truth is always Simple, be weary of complex man made methodologies ,especially ones that involve calculators and points systems!
5. The answers you need are easily accessible when you shut-up, slow down and go within , that’s free by the way!
6. All great Teachers will awaken the Leader within you rather than make you dependent on their services and methods.
7. You easily retain and remember information that is related to your highest values in life. You don’t have a bad memory, except when it comes to the stuff you don’t value.
8.You can’t buy confidence! You can only learn to access where you already have it.(That’s what I like to awaken in you).
9. Observation is the mother of all memory.Children observe first then do, that’s how they learn to walk and talk and copy you. Learn to observe more, especially nature.
10. Education means “deepening of insight” if you’re not having deep insights at the Seminar or School, get up and leave, you’re simply sucking up information that goes no-where.
11. Tests based on memorizing information then filling in blank spaces do not awaken the genius within you.
12. Your Dog is your greatest Teacher, if you need help observe your dog, mostly they keep life simple and remind you to chill!
Get in touch and let me know how you feel about Learning, Teaching or the current Schooling system for Children, I’d love to have your views.
Recommended Reading Resource: Inner Simplicity by Elaine St.James.